Two residents have been newly appointed to the Board of Directors. Below are their bios to help you become familiar with the new faces and their backgrounds:
Ken Hooper-Capozzi, Secretary
- I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Sciences (1988) from the University of Louisville; Interior design and architectural, with extending studies of Italian architecture and art from the University of Perugia (Italy). I was an interior designer from 1984-2011 and owned my own design businesses in Louisville, KY from 1988-2011.
- In 2011 I semi-retired and moved to Florida where I had a second home. I then decided to stay here and make it my permanent residence. I chose the Evergreen Club, with its large lots, unique homes, and amenities that this community had to offer. Chose Palm City, over larger cities, because of the quiet charm and tranquility. I found the people here to be much like Louisville with Southern, friendly charm.
- I also have a background in architecture landscaping design and with hobbies such as gardening and cooking; this was the perfect place. I also do a lot of volunteer work from the Stuart Garden Club and on the board of the Arts Council of Martin County. I have chaired many events including the Marties Awards of Martin County and ArtsFest Stuart. I have been a front runner for the arts in Martin County and will continue to do with fundraising endeavors and participating on the gallery committee. I held the position of Treasurer for the Glen Oaks Homeowners Association from 2004 to 2009.
- There are many things I hope to contribute to our development with my design background. I feel I can help to improve our community and I hope to be a viable member of the Evergreen Board of Directors.
Bob Langevin, Treasurer
- I was born in Pawtucket, RI, and graduated from The U. of Rhode Island in June 1965 with a BS Degree in Business Administration with a Major in Insurance and Risk Management.
- Military: US Army Pilot from Jan. 1966 to Jan. 1970. While in Vietnam flying as a Forward Air Controller (FAC) from July 1967 – July 1968 I was awarded The Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) and The Bronze Star (with a ‘V’ for Valor). I was Honorably Discharged from the Army in Jan. 1970 in the Rank of Captain.
- Jobs and Occupations: Field Representative for the Aetna Casualty & Surety Co. – 1965; Aviation Ins. Underwriter for USAIG in Chicago, IL.; Pilot for United Air Lines from Feb. 1970 to my Retirement in March 2003. While at UAL, I flew the B-737, B-727, B-757 & 767, and finally the B-747-400. While at UAL I served as a Line Check Airman (LCA), and I was the MIA Schedule Comm. Chm. for the last 12 years prior to my retirement. I also served as the Public Relations Coordinator during the pilot strike in 1985 and Chaired the UAL Liaison Comm. because of my strong abilities in dealing with Conflict Resolution which served me well as a Captain while flying the Boeing aircraft for United for 34 years.
- When I moved to SE FL in May of 1974 I started an Aviation Insurance Agency from scratch and grew it into a Multi-Million Dollar Corp. all the while I was still flying for United Air Lines. I eventually sold AVION Ins. Agy. to my son a few years ago.
- Family, Positions, and Awards: Married to Sandra and have lived in The Evergreen Club for over a year. I have two grown children (Lisa & Scott) who are married and have families living in the Orlando area. Sandy and I are FULL-TIME residents of FL. and do not ‘snowbird’.
- Treasurer and Vice-President of Chi Phi Fraternity while at URI
- Treasurer of the URI School Newspaper
- Outstanding New Jaycee in Crystal Lake, IL in 1972
- Jaycee Chapter – State Representative (Liaison) in 1973
- Boca Raton Airport Authority Member from 1990 to 1995 and was Vice-Chmn. in 1994
- East Shore Harbor Club Condominium Association HOA, Saugatuck, MI – President (2 Years), Vice President and Treasurer