The Evergreen POA Board of Directors will be meeting on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at 6:00 PM via a Zoom conference, and all owners are invited to attend.
To join the Zoom conference, click HERE and use the following: Meeting ID: 893 1211 4429; Passcode: 072264. To dial into the conference call 1-309-205-3325.
Please click HERE for the meeting agenda.
The Evergreen POA Board of Directors will be meeting on Monday, July 25, 2022, at 6:00 PM via a Zoom conference, and all owners are invited to attend.
To join the Zoom conference, click HERE and use the following: Meeting ID: 875 8098 9442; Passcode: 749216. To dial into the conference call 1-646-931-3860.
Please click HERE for the meeting agenda.
The Martin County Board of County Commissioners passed a new landscape watering ordinance implementing the South Florida Water Management District’s (SFWMD) mandatory year-round Landscape Irrigation Conservation measures. The ordinance was effective June 12, 2022, and applies to both well water and city water irrigation.
Please visit Martin County’s website at https://www.martin.fl.us/WaterWisely for days of the week and times that irrigation is permitted.
The Evergreen POA Board of Directors will be meeting on Thursday, June 23, 2022, at 6:00 PM at the Cummings Library in Palm City, and all owners are invited to attend. Please click HERE to view the agenda.
We are considering a change in our security vendor, and have requested and received four proposals from security companies. Two of these companies have been selected by the Board to present their proposals and answer questions at the meeting. Your attendance is encouraged, as the Board would like feedback on the proposals from owners.
We look forward to seeing you!
On April 28, 2022, at 6 PM, the re-convened Evergreen Property Owners Annual Meeting was called to order. David Regan gave the President’s Report, which covered the following topics:
- Water update – Although funding was approved for the Evergreen/Windstone water project in late 2021, Martin County elected to apply these funds to several other projects that were near completion, but in need of additional funds. The new planning date for the completion of the Evergreen/Windstone water project is 1H 2023.
- Golf cart accident – There was a tragic golf cart accident at the Floridian this week that resulted in a 34-year-old man being killed after the cart hit a raised manhole cover. The person who was killed was hanging onto the back of the cart and not seated. Please – all golf cart owners within Evergreen ensure that your carts are being operated by someone at least 16 years old (now part of the Evergreen Covenants) and that all persons remain properly seated while the cart is being driven.
- Murphy Road bridge update – Completion is expected in late August – mid-September 2022.
- Debris at old tennis court (golf club) – Still no progress getting this cleaned up, despite promises from the Crane Watch Club to begin the effort. Members of the new Board will schedule a meeting with the Club soon, and this concern will be an agenda item.
- Dogs – There have been several recent reports of unleashed dogs chasing and being aggressive to bike riders and walkers on the road. Please ensure that your dogs are LEASHED when they’re in your yard with you. Even if you’re right there with your dog, it’s just normal canine behavior to run after people or other animals and a bad situation can quickly develop. Our bike riders and walkers deserve to feel safe when they’re enjoying our neighborhood.
- Speeding – The speed limit in Evergreen is 25 MPH. There have been reports of vehicles traveling much faster, and speeding is dangerous to bike riders and walkers. School will be out soon and activity on our roads will increase during the summer months. Please keep your speed down, be courteous, and safely share the roads.
- Directory Consent Forms – If you haven’t completed your form yet, please complete it and drop it off at the guardhouse. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with your completed form.
The ballots for a seat on the Evergreen Property Owners Association Board of Directors were opened and tallied, and the results of the election were announced: Mr. Bruce Neumann was elected. The Board thanks Mr. Bill Cofrances for his candidacy and interest in serving our community.
Following the conclusion of the re-convened annual meeting, the Board held an organizational meeting to elect officers. The new Evergreen Property Owners Association Board of Directors is as follows:
- Debi Hoefer, President
- John Nelson, Vice President
- Dawn Owen, Treasurer
- Bruce Neumann, Secretary
- Bob Langevin, Director
Contact information for the Board of Directors can be found on the Evergreen website: https://evergreenpoa.com/email-directory/.
President, Evergreen Property Owners Association Board of Directors
Evie and Gardner Finch recently shared a 1986 letter to Evergreen owners which recaps interesting events in the community’s early history. Click HERE to read. Many thanks to the Finches for passing this background on Evergreen along!
The Evergreen POA Board of Directors has called a meeting on March 3, 2022, at 6 PM with the one agenda item: approval of the 2022-2023 budget. This item was tabled at the last meeting on February 24, 2022, due to questions on the proposed budget. Having verified the calculations, the budget stands as initially presented.
Click HERE to view the agenda. Since there is only a single agenda item, the meeting will be held via Zoom, and the details are below:
Meeting ID: 813 2306 0696
The Evergreen POA Board of Directors will be meeting on Thursday, February 24, 2022, at 6:00 PM at the Cummings Library in Palm City, and all owners are invited to attend. Please click HERE to view the agenda.
The meeting will begin with the introduction of two candidates for the Board of Directors’ seat becoming available in March and will be followed by a regular Board meeting.
Please click HERE to review the proposed Amended and Restated Governing Document changes created by our attorney for your review. Also included is a written consent form to be completed by owners.
Our legal counsel, Liz Bonan, will be our guest speaker at the
Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 6 PM. The meeting will be held at the Cummings Library in Palm City. We hope to see you there.
Wishing you all a healthy New Year!
Over the weekend three communities in Palm City reported burglaries: Isleworth, Hammock Creek, and Orchid Bay.
If you see any suspicious activity please report it to the Martin County Sheriff’s Office.